A. A preferred area of investments may be declared Pioneer if the activity:
· Involves the manufacturing or processing (not merely assembly or packaging of goods or raw materials that have not been produced in the Philippines on a commercial scale; or
· Uses a design, formula, scheme, method, process or system of production or transformation of any element or raw material or finished good which is new and untried; or
· Engages in agricultural activities/services essential to the achievement of the country’s self-sufficiency program; or
· Produces non-conventional fuels or manufactures equipment which utilize non conventional sources of energy; or
· Conforms to other specific criteria as provided for in the annually drawn investments Priorities Plan.