- 15 (2), (3) RA 6770; Sec. 13 Art. XI, 1987 Constitution
- Sec. 26 (1), RA 6770; Rule IV, AO No. 07, as amended
- Office Order No. 327 & 337, series of 2014
- To assist in attaining the national goal of “inclusive growth and poverty reduction;
- To encourage local and foreign investments in the country and improve global competitiveness; and;
- To expedite resolution of investor issues and concerns through prompt action on investors’ grievances and speedy resolution of investors’ complaints
- Grievance-handling or public assistance; and
Prioritize and take cognizance of trade and investment-related concerns of an investor or potential investor on the following:
- Delay in the delivery of frontline services relating to the establishment or conduct of business;
- Issuance of licenses, permits and certificates in relation to business to any person not qualified or legally entitled;
- Solicitation, demand or request by a government official in exchange for the issuance of licenses, permits and certificates, the release of shipments and cargoes, as well as the arbitrary assessment of fees for the conduct of business; and
- Any other delay or refusal to comply with the referral or directive of the Investment Ombudsman team
IO Action Officers may resolve investor grievances thru any or a combination of the following modes:
- By telephone call;
- By calling parties to a conference;
- By personal visit if the grievance requires immediate action;
- Thru other courses of action deemed necessary, appropriate and proper to expeditiously resolve the grievance.
Factfinding investigation of IO cases will be completed within 30 working days from receipt of the case assignment. This is to separate IO cases from other OMB cases
How do I file a grievance or complaint?
- Through text or phone call;
- Through email or letter; or
- Through walk-in.
Yes, an entrapment may be conducted in coordination with the National Bureau of Investigation in case there is a finding by the IO that entrapment operation is necessary.
OMB text hotline (+63) 926-6994703;
Investment Ombudsman hotline: 1662
OMB Central: (+02) 926-8720
OMB Luzon: (+02) 926-8794
OMB Visayas: (+032) 412-5341 / (+032) 416-6134
OMB Mindanao: (+082) 221-3938TF / (+63) 927-5496241 / 918-9156279F
OMB Central Office: Investment Ombudsman, Ombudsman Building, Agham Road, North Triangle, Diliman, Quezon City 1101
OMB Luzon: Investment Ombudsman, Office of the Deputy Ombudsman for Luzon, 3 rd Floor, Ombudsman Building, North Triangle, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City 1101
OMB Visayas: Investment Ombudsman, Office of the Deputy Ombudsman for Visayas, Department of Agriculture RO – 7 Compound, M. Velez St., Guadalupe, Cebu City 6000
OMB Mindanao: Investment Ombudsman, Office of the Deputy Ombudsman for Mindanao, 4th Floor H & C Building, Alvarez Street, Davao City 8000